Victorian Steampunk Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steampunk group in Lincoln UK

3 posters

Go down

Steampunk group in Lincoln UK Empty Steampunk group in Lincoln UK

Post  Kalinor Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:18 am

Hi my name is jonathan and I am from Lincoln UK, myself and some family and freinds are just begining to get into Steampunk, We are looking to start up a group of like minded people In the city as a social organisiation, I am in the process of building a forum for this group and we are starting to collate various items of clothing and gear, if any one is interested I will be setting up a facebook group for thios aswell so feel free to contact me here or on face book, look for jonathan kinsley.

Update: the forum/portal address is http://lincssteampunk.informe.com/portal.html (under construction)

thanks

Last edited by Kalinor on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update of information)

Kalinor

Back to top Go down

Steampunk group in Lincoln UK Empty Re: Steampunk group in Lincoln UK

Post  Grumfoss Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 am

Hi Jonathan and welcome to the forums. I am glad that you have become interested in Steampunk. I would say that there are not many groups (organised) in specific locations around the country as Steampunks do not fit into the group mould very well. What tends to happen is that a meet is posted on either this site or Brass Goggles and if people can make it they will (It is not unknown for me to drive 200 miles to attend a meet!). By its very nature there is no right and wrong way to be a Steampunk and you will see this when you meet us at various meets around the country. We are inclusive of everybody as long as you have good manners! Very Happy

I believe there is no need to create a local group as I have found that it tends to isolate the group from other areas (stifling creativity). From my previous experience of re-enacting where groups are formed all over the country, this has destroyed the enjoyment for many as once a group is started rules soon follow and so does the politics.

I understand that you would like to find other Steampunks in your area, quite understandable, however I would try to refrain from starting a group for the above reasons. Post here or go to Brass Goggles and put a post on the Geographical (UK) section and you will see the posts come rushing in.

Arrange a meetup and you will probably get visitors from all over the country as we all love to dress in our finest and promendade Very Happy
Grumfoss
Grumfoss
Admin

http://royaldirigiblecorps.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Wolfram Quicksilver Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:13 am

The Lincoln steampunk group is developing nicely, meeting on a weekly basis, and is putting some thought into the first monthly meet. This will be different to the weekly meet as it will be on a Friday/Saturday night, and be more of a chance to go dressed up.

Please feel free to join us. Details of the group, meetings etc., can be found here:

http://lincssteampunk.informe.com/forum/

Major Wolfram Quicksilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumfoss Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:40 am

I'm so glad that the Lincoln Steampunks are getting together. I would love to attend one of your meetings next time I am in the area. My only problem is that with all of the websites popping up, it is difficult to keep up with all the groups and their websites. (maybe when I win the lottery I will hire someone to check out all of the websites for me and let me know whats going on Smile )

Anyhow its good to see you getting together and I hope to see you soon.

Grum
Grumfoss
Grumfoss
Admin

http://royaldirigiblecorps.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Steampunk group in Lincoln UK Empty lss

Post  jon Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:50 am

wow i forgot i posted this, yes as the major said the group is getting off the ground nicely and we are attracting members county wide.

jon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down