Victorian Steampunk Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitby Gothic Weekend

+12
Lady Ruff-Diamond
Capt Chard
Professor Gaslight
Enter The Asylum
Sir Ninian Marsh
Grumfoss
Lady Georgina Marsh
Emilly Ladybird
Steamblast Mary
Lady M
Lady Mimsy Beaucoup
Admin
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whitby Gothic Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Whitby Gothic Weekend

Post  Lady Ruff-Diamond Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:43 am

I doubt we will be at both the Lincoln Asylum the 40s Weekend in Whitby AND the WGW for April.. 3 events in one month is a little too expensive for end Lady R-D
Lady Ruff-Diamond
Lady Ruff-Diamond

http://www.gothichange.com/gothic-clothing

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mimsy Beaucoup Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:46 am

But the Lincoln Asylum at Easter clashes with a reenactment event for us my Lady!

I do agree that it is a shame the Asylum and WGW are not further apart- but it is exciting all the same that there are several events to choose from Smile
Lady Mimsy Beaucoup
Lady Mimsy Beaucoup

http://www.littlepinkfaery.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Enter The Asylum Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:48 am

The rifle club is nice upstairs, all day bar and sandwiches - the night time p.a. can be used for back ground music and the dugeon art expo down stairs can be used for photos

i think this will be a great venue and I have spoke to the new manager and he says 150 max so i think get your tickets as soon as we print them

jon

x

Enter The Asylum

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mimsy Beaucoup Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:51 am

So tickets now, B and B later LOL! I wonder if I could sleep in my car? LOL! It is times like this I really wish I have a VW! Perhaps I should investigate the Youth Hostel Smile
Lady Mimsy Beaucoup
Lady Mimsy Beaucoup

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Ruff-Diamond Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:52 am

[quote="Lady Mimsy Beaucoup"]But the Lincoln Asylum at Easter clashes with a reenactment event for us my Lady!

We havent had the AGM to get the list of events for next year but generally there is an event at Easter. It would depend largely on who was going and if we wanted to go to the Asylum more than the LH event
Lady Ruff-Diamond
Lady Ruff-Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mimsy Beaucoup Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:55 am

I take your lead on that one my good lady Smile

I am really excited that Whitby goth weekend will have a steampunk 'annex' seeing how much I didn't enjoy the spa this year!
Lady Mimsy Beaucoup
Lady Mimsy Beaucoup

Back to top Go down

Post  Emilly Ladybird Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:21 am

I think you can safely put me down for a stall please Wink I wasn't planning on going- but the exciting steaminess planned sounds sooo good!!!
Love the Idea of a Victorian music hall type thing too - very much my idea of a good time Wink
Emilly Ladybird
Emilly Ladybird

http://www.steampunkjewellery.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Döktor Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:46 am

April in Whitby? And the Asylum?

Sounds like an expensive time, but I'm sure m'self and my good lady can make 'em both!

Very Happy
Herr Döktor
Herr Döktor

http://herrdoktors.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Ninian Marsh Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:03 am

I'd like to register interest for a trading stall as well please. It'll be the first official event the Discombobulous Workshop has traded at.
Sir Ninian Marsh
Sir Ninian Marsh

http://www.discombobulous-workshop.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakara Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:51 am

I see no problem with a steampunk area within WGW. i myself feel im more a steamgoth anyway so i bridge both sides and like to dress a little in both pools so to speak.
Sakara
Sakara

http://www.littlemissmetamorph.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Ruff-Diamond Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:59 am

"Steamgoth".. I like that ;-)
Lady Ruff-Diamond
Lady Ruff-Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakara Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Lady Ruff-Diamond wrote:"Steamgoth".. I like that ;-)

well cybergoths came from cyberpunk, so it seems apt! Very Happy
Sakara
Sakara

http://www.littlemissmetamorph.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:51 am

Well having spoken to Dark Daisy Promotions it seems we are set for Whitby in April.

The Rifle Club will serve as Steampunk Central with the bar open throughout the weekend as a venue for meeting up and chatting.

There is space for up to ten trade stands which will be charged at just £50 - substantially cheaper than other venues.

There will be evening entertainments on Friday and Saturday. We are looking at recorded music and live acts. Ghostfire are playing on Saturday. Fridays acts are yet to be confirmed. Admission to the evening events will be in the region of £5-£6.

All in all we are looking at providing a very reasonably priced set of steampunk features for Whitby.

Comments and suggestions are welcome as ever.

Admin
Admin

https://thevss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Georgina Marsh Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:54 am

Sorry I've not been around for so long... other commitments have been taking up all my spare time. Embarassed

I was wondering if there was any progress on plans for the Steampunk central for Whitby, as it's only 9 weeks away now Shocked Very Happy

The Discombobulous Workshop have had some unfortunate dropouts from members of the crew who are now unable to attend, so we were wondering if there's a possibility of having a stall for one day only, or is it all or nothing?

I also wondered what time each day the stalls need to be set up and running by (and from when is there access to set up?) and when stands should run until and how long do we have to break down each evening?

Sorry for all the questions, but with a reduction in crew, we're trying to work out if it's feasable for us to still have a stall or not... Sad
Lady Georgina Marsh
Lady Georgina Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Inkerman Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:03 am

By the sounds of it, from the previous post. It looks like it is probably still a go. Not sure about the details.

Personally, I would like to register my interest in a stall at the Halloween weekend if that's OK (as long as it is going ahead in October if April goes ok as I won't be able to make this coming WGW due to hitting things with large rubber swords in Portsmouth.

It's getting to a point that I can't really be bothered making stuff to sell any longer. I mainly make gifts for others and stuff for myself. 1 weekend in the year is fine for me to stand behind a stall and hawk my wares, although there is still the opportunity of the odd commission (the very odd commission). I was weighing up the options of Asylum and WGW. WGW won unfortunately as I'd prefer just to enjoy myself at the asylum rather than sitting on a stall all weekend.

Sebastian Inkerman

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Georgina Marsh Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:58 am

Ladies and Gents

I have been approached by the gentleman who compiles the Whitby Almanack, to as if we'd be interested in putting together an article about Steampunk in it!! Free, of course!

I though with our Steampunk Central this year at the Rifle Club, it would be rather well timed and a nice idea to have a steampunk piece in the booklet.

However, I confess I aren't particularly good at writing copy, however I do know a lady who is particularly good at it (Malika!!), of given some guidance around content. Wink

What say you all? If we are to put forward some copy/imagery for the Almanack, he'd need final copy by the end of March.

Also... I have also been offered advertising space in the Almanack, so I thought I'd post here to see if anybody is interested (I can pass on the booking form he's sent me). Prices start at £20 for an 8th of a page, up to £150 for a full page advert.

Please let me know if anybody wishes to advertise.

Best wishes all

Lady Georgina
Lady Georgina Marsh
Lady Georgina Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahoney Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Thought I'd better register my interest on here for a stall at the Rifle club. I spoke to lady Elsie about it a while ago, but have only just re-discovered this thread! ( Company name Bella D'Luna, or Auntie Ludmilla on facebook). Booked our accomodation yesterday, really looking forward to April, it's all very exciting. X
Mahoney
Mahoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Georgina Marsh Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Apologies, but I'm prodding this one as I've had no response and I'm being chased by the Almanack people wishing to know if we'd like to go ahead or not...

I think it's a spiffing idea, but don't want to say 'yay' without some input from you guys.

Ladies and Gents

I have been approached by the gentleman who compiles the Whitby Almanack, to as if we'd be interested in putting together an article about Steampunk in it!! Free, of course!

I though with our Steampunk Central this year at the Rifle Club, it would be rather well timed and a nice idea to have a steampunk piece in the booklet.

However, I confess I aren't particularly good at writing copy, however I do know a lady who is particularly good at it (Malika!!), of given some guidance around content.

What say you all? If we are to put forward some copy/imagery for the Almanack, he'd need final copy by the end of March.

Also... I have also been offered advertising space in the Almanack, so I thought I'd post here to see if anybody is interested (I can pass on the booking form he's sent me). Prices start at £20 for an 8th of a page, up to £150 for a full page advert.

Please let me know if anybody wishes to advertise.

Best wishes all

Lady Georgina
Lady Georgina Marsh
Lady Georgina Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2