Victorian Steampunk Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam Rallys in 2010

2 posters

Go down

Steam Rallys in 2010 Empty Steam Rallys in 2010

Post  Grumfoss Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi One and all

After the sucess of the Evesham campout last year we were asked to exhibit at some of the rallys arranged for 2010. I just thought I would start a thread so we can discuss the possibility of doing some.

Below is a list of the Shakespeare Rally Promotions Steam rallys:-

1) The Armouries Easter Vintage Gathering 3rd,4th and 5th April -Stratford Armouries CV37 0JA
2) Stratford-upon-Avon Country Show 1st,2nd and 3rd of May - StratfordArmouries CV37 0JA.
3) Tortworth Vintage Rally - B4059 South Gloucestershire(nr. Bristol) GI12 9LJ.
4) Tortworth Vintage Transport Show - 24th and 25th July (same address as 3 above).
5) Stratford-upon-Avon Vintage Steam Rally - 13th,14th and 15th August -Stratford Armouries. CV37 0JA.
6) Hanbury Steam Rally - 17th,18th and 19th September - B4091 Stoke Prior B60 4LF

Grum
Grumfoss
Grumfoss
Admin

http://royaldirigiblecorps.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Steam Rallys in 2010 Empty Re: Steam Rallys in 2010

Post  Mr Bellows Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:02 am

Hmm, one item is beating to get out of my head is to pass on the message that "Dr Busker" will not be at the first two of these rallies, so if you want to see his show again you are going to have to wait until later on in the year.
I've updated the Brass Goggles "camping 2010" thread here
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,18742.msg495246.html#msg495246
so post here &/or there as you see fit

Mr Bellows

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumfoss Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:20 am

I believe there is a recon going on during the Easter Vintage Rally in Stratford, to check out the camping area to see if there is going to be enough room for all our tents and baggage. I hope to be attending this on one of the days, (Not sure which as yet) so I hope to see a few of you there Smile

Regards

Grum
Grumfoss
Grumfoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumfoss Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:49 am

Hi all

Ok after returning from the Easter rally I can say that there will be no problem at all with space for camping, as the site is huge. However there is a major issue with drainage on the site and there is very little hardstanding for stalls and exhibition space.

We found that the site had experienced downpours for the previous three days before our visit (On Easter Sunday) and the site had become a quagmire with vehicles having to be towed off the the site by tractors. I would like to see the site again, when it hasn't been raining to see how quickly it dries out.

The Armoury itself was well worth a visit (A display case full of Webleys had me drooling Wink ) There were some excellent rooms, full of very interesting items, one of which would make an excellent venue for a Steampunk exhibition of some sort. (the owners of the armoury wern't against the idea either which was good.)

If the site proves to be unsuitable for tents it may be possible to find another campsite closeby that may be able to accomodate us. We will have to look into this as we get closer to the time. I would think that trying to aim for the Steam rally in August would be the best as we "should" have good weather then.

Please post your comments and sugestions

Grum.
Grumfoss
Grumfoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down