Victorian Steampunk Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easter Asylum

4 posters

Go down

Easter Asylum Empty Easter Asylum

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:26 am

Well it seems that The Lawns are messing us about a bit over the Asylum at Easter. We had agreed to go ahead but they have now decided they want to charge more since it is a "Bank Holiday" (In fact it isn't since we weren't going to use the place on Monday but there you go.)

This would put us back in the position we were this year when starting out to organise the main Asylum - having to commit our own money and not sure we are going to get it back. Unfortunately this is the wrong time of year for us since there is usually very little film work in November/December (short filming days due to light) but those are the perils of being a small media business.

Consequently it looks like we are going to have to abandon any ideas for an Easter Asylum for 2010. Many apologies. Please note this is not a cancellation since we never actually said it was going to go ahead but simply asked for notice of interest.

Instead we are looking at an even based wholly in a single hotel. We are considering March (largely because it is a significant birthday for Lady Elsie) and using one of the Olde English Inns. See the Hotel Based thread for more info.

Tinker

Admin
Admin

https://thevss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Easter Asylum Empty Re: Easter Asylum

Post  Sir Ninian Marsh Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:26 am

No apology necessary, unfortunate but totally understandable from your point of view. This of course means we just look forward to the Asylum in September even more Smile
Sir Ninian Marsh
Sir Ninian Marsh

http://www.discombobulous-workshop.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Georgina Marsh Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:29 am

Such a shame Major Tinker that this will no longer go ahead, the thought of two Asylums each year had me all of a quivver! Laughing

However, I do have to say that unfortunately, a few of the Discombobulous crew had already said they'd be unable to attend an April Asylum in addition to Whitby Gothic weekend anyway... simply due to expense (and need for more outfits Wink ) Sad

It dues seems that sometimes these things work out for the best in the end, even if it's not what we all wished for initially.

The hotel based gathering for Lady Elsie's 'significant' birthday sounds a fantastic alternative in March! No doubt Sir Ninian and I shall attend if at all possible.

And of course, this means there is more time to arrange the next Asylum later in the year. I was fearful this would be taking too much on too soon for the VSS... as you've all worked so hard already on the last one AND all have 'real life' jobs to do too! Shocked
Lady Georgina Marsh
Lady Georgina Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumfoss Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:56 am

It is a shame about Easter, but I agree with your decision totally. I always thought that having to pay extra for the staff they had already paid for is seriously off. It does seem that they are shooting themselves in the foot as the takings over the bar would have been great as we all know Steampunks do like their alcoholic lubrication. As it is the Lawns is now going to be empty and they are still going to have to pay their staff. I'm so glad I hadn't pre-emted myself and booked our accomodation Smile

With regards to the other option of celebrating Lady Elsies birthday.... what is it her 21st? Wink .If the hotel in question has family rooms then we would love to join you at Easter. Dependant on location of course.

Thanks for posting this, as well as the confirmed dates for September, i'm off now to go and book my accomodation Smile
Grumfoss
Grumfoss
Admin

http://royaldirigiblecorps.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down